BE PREPARED for an emergency; do you have the supplies to enable your family survival for several days.
A handy checklist of items to be included in your emergency supply kit
will help you build your own kit.
Basic Disaster Supplies Kit
Assembling your kit place items airtight plastic bags and then disaster supplies kit in one or two easy-to-carry containers.
A basic emergency supply kit could include the following items:
- Water (one gallon per person per day for several days, for drinking and sanitation)
- Food (at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food)
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert
- First aid kit
- Extra batteries
- Whistle (to signal for help)
- Dust mask (to help filter contaminated air)
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape (to shelter in place)
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties (for personal sanitation)
- Wrench or pliers (to turn off utilities)
- Manual can opener (for food)
- Local maps (don't know about this with cell phone technology)
- Cell phone with chargers and a backup battery