Tips for Searching Available Properties
Searching for your property a few tips that may assist.
Set your priorities. What are the components of house and/or property you desire?
- Build comparison chart. List the features you like about each property you see and prioritize the properties.
- Walk through once and let yourself soak it all in. Take your time and allow yourself to get the feeling of how it would be to live in the home.
- Then go back to the beginning and start again but look at the home as if you were a home inspector and look at the details.
- Have your furniture measurements. Think about where you will place your existing furniture in this house and ask will your furniture fit?
- Sketch a floor plan. Understand where all the features are laid out and ask yourself if this home matches the way you live.
- Ask to take photos (or even a video). A picture will help you remember the home and the features that you saw in the home.
- Open the closets and cupboards. Enough and proper storage is also an important factor in a home. Think about where you will store items such as linens, cooking utensils, and note whether there is sufficient space.
- Check out the flooring. Note the condition of the floors including carpet, tile (grout); along the way lift up some rugs to look for hidden flaws.
- Check out things that are outside your sight line. Look the ceilings, walls, floors, trim, windows, roof and under the sinks.
- Look outside look at the roof, gutters, downspouts and drainage. Note any issues and ask questions.
- Check out landscaping and how the property is maintained.