Searching for your property a few tips that may assist.
1. Set your priorities. What are the components of house and/or property you desire?
2. Build comparison chart. List the features you like about each property you see and prioritize the properties.
3. Walk through once and let yourself soak it all in. Take your time and allow yourself to get the feeling of how it would be to live in the home.
4. Then go back to the beginning and start again but look at the home as if you were a home inspector and look at the details.
5. Have your furniture measurements. Think about where you will place your existing furniture in this house and ask will your furniture fit?
6. Sketch a floor plan. Understand where all the features are laid out and ask yourself if this home matches the way you live.
7. Ask to take photos (or even a video). A picture will help you remember the home and the features that you saw in the home.
8. Open the closets and cupboards. Enough and proper storage is also an important factor in a home. Think about where you will store items such as linens, cooking utensils, and note whether there is sufficient space.
9. Check out the flooring. Note the condition of the floors including carpet, tile (grout); along the way lift up some rugs to look for hidden flaws.
10. Check out things that are outside your sight line. Look the ceilings, walls, floors, trim, windows, roof and under the sinks.
11. Look outside look at the roof, gutters, downspouts and drainage. Note any issues and ask questions.
12. Check out landscaping and how the property is maintained.
Enter a zip code to see the schools in that area.
Type the characters
What my clients are saying
We are very grateful to Chuck Townsend for helping us find a beautiful peice of property in Foresthill. Chuck provided excellent advice on how to evaluate the cost/value of raw land based on how much site work would be required (water, electricity, sewer/septic, etc) and referred us to a contractor to get a preliminary estimate on construction costs. We learned a lot in the process, and were able to make an informed decision. Thank You Chuck!
~ Peter & Pam
Chuck is a professional who knows the ins and outs of the real estate business. He knew exactly what we needed to do as a family in order to get us into our dream home. We are very happy with the service that he provided. He will get the job done for you! We highly recommend Chuck Townsend for all of your real estate needs.
~ Scott & Jennifer
“I must admit that I was blown away with the amount of work that Chuck has done to help us with this transaction.
The property was originally offered at a price above market. Chuck did an amazing job of analyzing all of the comps in the area and preparing multiple documents that convinced the seller to move forward with our offer.
He helped us resolve the hand full of offers / counter offer issues related to rent back arrangements and other details. He has also taken a huge amount of his time to coordinate all of the follow up activities (inspections, appraisal, etc.) so that the escrow can close without any hitches.
If you do not already have an agreement with another Realtor, it would be worth your time to give Chuck a call to see if he can help you.”
Thom & Suzanne Kay
San Jose, CA
~ Thom & Sue
Get Your FREE Home Market Analysis Report Right Now!